Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend of mine gave this recipe to me years ago. I have recently updated it to be lower in fat. You can easily fix it the regular way by just using non-low fat ingredients.
- 1 cup green chili pepper, canned
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cups Veggie Shreds cheese (Monterey Jack & Cheddar)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white chicken meat (98% fat free)
- 36 low-fat baked corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Combine the salsa, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, evaporated milk, & green chilies in saucepan. Heat and stir until thoroughly blended and warm.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with vegetable spray. Line the bottom of the pan with 18 tortilla chips. Place a layer of the chicken on the tortillas. Add a layer of sauce mixture, onions and a layer of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
I did make it non-low-fat. ;) I also substituted ground beef for chicken, and it was great. My boys thought it was delicious!