Delicious Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Easy, delicious and comforting casserole. This is a favorite!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 12 corn tortillas (or flour, your preference)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper (to taste)
- Add butter to large skillet or pot and add diced onion. Cook until tender.
- Add chicken tenders and 1 cup chicken broth to same pot with cooked onion.
- Cook approximately 20 minutes on medium heat until chicken is done.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put back in pot.
- Add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of milk, sour cream, green chiles (drained), garlic powder and pepper; and 1 cup of cheese. Heat until everything is mixed and melted.
- In greased casserole dish, layer 6-8 corn tortillas (or flour, your preference).
- Then add half of the Sour Cream Soup/Chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little cheese (1/2 cup)
- Add another layer of 6-8 tortillas, the rest of the sauce mixture and the rest of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and Cook in 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- You can make this lower in fat by using the reduced fat soup and reduced fat or fat free sour cream, as well as reduced fat cheese.
- Before serving, you can add a few chives for garnish. Looks nice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation