Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from my Aunt Michel; simple but good.
Make and share this Green Chile Burros recipe from Food.com.
- Brown meat with chopped onions.
- Add one can green chile salsa, both cans chopped green chiles, cumin, oregano, and 1 cup water (can add more depending on the consistency you want).
- Simmer until meat is tender enough to shred (approx.45-60 mins).
- Remove meat from pot, leaving juices in pot and shred meat.
- Return to pot and simmer until ready to serve.
- Add second can of green chile salsa 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve in/with tortillas.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
My son loves this simple yet tasty dish. He is always asking me to make it when he comes to visit.
This recipe gets points from me for versatility! I used boneless chicken thighs and it was really tasty, and I imagine you could use just about any meat here with success! The meat turned out very tender and yummy, and was enjoyed both in tortillas and next to roasted potatoes and calabacitas. I did add a fair amount of garlic and salt, and I am thinking it is important to have the most flavorful salsa possible. I also think next time (and there will be a next time!!) I will use chicken broth instead of water (or beef broth--you get the picture!). Thanks, AZ! Made for 123 Hits Tag.
Wonderful and simple dish that was enjoyed by all. My daughter who isn't a fan of Mexican or meat even ate this without a complaint. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks so much for posting this flavorful recipe. Made and reviewed for the 46th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.