Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
from the NY Times, this is very quick and easy to put together.
Make and share this Green Beans With Walnut Miso Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Bring pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- blanch beans in water until they are bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and refresh in cold water, then drain again.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Grate ginger over bowl, then place in small fine strainer and press out juice, about a teaspoon.
- Combine ginger juice with miso, walnuts, 2 tablespoons water and soy sauce in blender and blend until smooth, stopping machine and scraping down sides if necessary.
- (You may add a little water or soy sauce if mixture is too thick.).
- Toss beans in sauce, and serve at room temperature.
made this several times now and it is so tasty! i toasted the walnuts before making the sauce, and i think it enhances the flavor. this keeps well in the fridge too. i make up a double batch and then can toss it with my veg at short notice. definitely a keeper!
Loved the Walnut Miso sauce, goes good with the green beans, belive it would be good with other veggies. Made it just like the recipe stated didn't change a thing, Very easy to make. Served it with Roasted chicken and Jude's Chili Poblano Polenta and a side salad. Thank you Chia for another yummy recipe.