Recipe by English_Rose
In this great little recipe the beans are not boiled, but roasted in olive oil and white wine.
- 1 lb green beans, topped and tailed
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F In a baking dish, mix the beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil.
- Add half of the white wine, the lemon zest and juice, and season well. Cover the dish with foil, and place in a hot oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove, stir well and add the rest of the wine.
- This time, leave the foil off and cook for a further 10 minutes at the same temperature, then remove and add the parsley.
- The tomatoes will have broken down, leaving the beans coated with oily, cooked down tomatoes.