Recipe by figaro8895
Prepare the Toasted Hazelnut-Lemon Butter up to a week ahead and refrigerate, or up to three weeks in advance and freeze. Prepare extra butter to serve with bread or baked potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 8 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, toasted hazelnuts, lemon rind, and 1/2 t salt in a small bowl; stir with a fork until well blended.
- Bring 8 c water and remaining 1 3/4 t salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add green beans; cook 3 minutes. Drain. Return panto medium heat. Add beans and butter mixture; cook 3 minutes or until the butter mixture melts. Toss gently to coat.