Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a local grocery store magazine.
- 8 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water,cook beans until bright green and tender crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain well and toss with olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with almonds.
This was an amazing side dish!! Cooked the green beans about 10 minutes in the microwave with a little water, added some olive oil, sundried tomatoes and pepper and salt. When I went to get the almonds... I had no more... so my dbf suggested substituting with sesame seeds - Wow!! Thanks Lorrie! :)
5 Stars, very tasty green bean side with a touch of elegance. It was quick and easy, too. It went well as a side to Mushroom Beef Tenderloin #314698 along with Thomas Jefferson's Sweet Potato Biscuits 1774 #318826. Froze leftovers in a freezer bag so I can drop the bag in boiling water to reheat. Thanks for posting, Lorrie.