Recipe by PsychRN
I found this recipe in Southern Living and thought it would make a festive looking side dish for the Christmas table. The recipe calls for frozen green beans but I will probably substitute fresh, leave the beans whole for a prettier presentation.
- 2 lbs frozen green beans, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to.
- cover 3-4 minutes or until tender crisp; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the shallots and peppers, and.
- saute about 4 minutes or until tender. Add green beans, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and toss to combine.