Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
a decorative casserole dish, featuring ,green beans, cheese soup, and potatoes. It makes a great meal.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 (15 ounce) cans new potatoes, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- Place 6 or 7 green beans together in a bundle, and wrap with 1/2 strip of uncooked bacon, and secure it with a toothpick.
- Continue this until all green beans are used up.
- Place green bundles in large baking dish, make sure bundles do not touch each other.
- Place under broiler in oven until bacon is cooked on both sides. Turn bacon once while cooking.
- Spoon off bacon drippings, and place potatoes around bundles.
- Ina large saucepan, combine nacho cheese soup, and milk and heat just enough to mix well. Heat on low. Do not overcook. This usually takes about 1-2 minutes. Do not make it bubble.
- Pour over green beans, and potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or just until sauce starts to bubble.
I had trouble wrapping the canned green beans with the bacon. I think that would work better with fresh beans as they tend to be bigger. I ended up cooking my bacon and combining everything in a pan. It was good but I would cut down on the milk next time as I thought it made the sauce a bit too thin.