Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We enjoyed this super easy side dish as part of a turkey dinner. I bought the pepitas at Whole Foods. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 2009)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas (shelled, raw pumpkin seeds)
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook green beans in pan of boiled salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut beans into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pepitas (pumpkin seeds), tossing until they pop and brown (5-10 minutes); sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- **** green beans can be prepared 2 hours ahead to this point. Let stand at room temperature.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add rosemary and garlic; stirring for about 15 seconds or so before adding beans and pepitas. Toss until heated through (2-5 minutes).
Good and different dish! I used much less oil. P.S. I get my pepitas at Trader Joe's.
I love these green beans. I also found my raw pepitas as Whole Foods. This went together so fast and makes a pretty presentation. Thanks, ellie! Made for Newest Zaar tag game.
A very different green bean recipe. Quick and easy. Made as written and would highly recommend adding both salt and pepper. We enjoyed the combo of rosemary and pumpkin seeds, although do not think this dish would go over with the younger crowd. DS and DH husband ate although were no looking for seconds. Thanks so much for the post.