1/6 Photos of Green Beans With Peanut Sauce
I'm always looking for another way to prepare green beans! This has a hint of asian flavor because of the peanut butter and sesame oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and grated (may substitute 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (make sure it's large, or substitute 2 small)
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil or 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Wash the beans and remove the strings. Cook in a small amount of boiling water 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup water, creamy peanut butter, ginger, and ground red pepper. Set aside.
- 3Saute garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add reserved peanut butter mixture and salt; stir well. Add the reserved beans; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until the beans are tender and the mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g