1/1 Photo of Green Beans With Parmesan and Garlic
When our beautiful son was young, he would eat peas, broccoli, etc. When he turned 13 years old he became convinced that "green" anything was just too "gross." This recipe is one of the few he will eat that is not fried to a crisp. My DH and I love it too! Season to your taste...i.e. salt and pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1"Snap" and remove the "strings" from the beans.
- 2Combine the beans with enough water to cover in a saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until "tender-crisp.".
- 4Drain and plunge the beans into a large bowl of ice water to immediately stop the cooking; drain.
- 5In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to medium heat and saute the garlic, with the salt and pepper.
- 6Add the lemon juice, beans and mix well.
- 7Saute until all is heated through.
- 8Before serving, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Parmesan and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 87.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g