Recipe by Leslulu
When our beautiful son was young, he would eat peas, broccoli, etc. When he turned 13 years old he became convinced that "green" anything was just too "gross." This recipe is one of the few he will eat that is not fried to a crisp. My DH and I love it too! Season to your taste...i.e. salt and pepper.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 garlic clove, large and crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- "Snap" and remove the "strings" from the beans.
- Combine the beans with enough water to cover in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until "tender-crisp.".
- Drain and plunge the beans into a large bowl of ice water to immediately stop the cooking; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to medium heat and saute the garlic, with the salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, beans and mix well.
- Saute until all is heated through.
- Before serving, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.