Recipe by Hey Jude
A quick, tasty recipe. The almonds pick up a mild garlic flavor. This is really good with super fresh, right out of the garden, green beans!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 qts of water to boil in a large saucepan; add beans; cook uncovered until crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Drain; rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, cook, stirring often, until soft, about 2 minutes; stir in almonds; cook until almonds are light brown, about 2 minutes (watch carefully).
- Stir in beans, lemon juice, and salt to taste; cook, stirring often, just until hot.