Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick, tasty recipe. The almonds pick up a mild garlic flavor. This is really good with super fresh, right out of the garden, green beans!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat 3 qts of water to boil in a large saucepan; add beans; cook uncovered until crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Drain; rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, cook, stirring often, until soft, about 2 minutes; stir in almonds; cook until almonds are light brown, about 2 minutes (watch carefully).
- Stir in beans, lemon juice, and salt to taste; cook, stirring often, just until hot.
This recipe is simple to make, and the flavor is fantastic! We made it for 15 people on Easter and everyone loved it--even the kids! Thanks Hey Jude.
WoW this recipe is awesome!! Definite keeper in this house! I only used a tablespoon of lemon juice instead of the 2. Thanks for a great recipe Hey Jude ; )
My husband made it as written, except he added a chicken bouillon cube to the water for added flavor. Our daughter liked it -- my husband and I thought the garlic flavor overwhelmed the almonds. Next time, we would try putting the garlic in the water to cook the beans and saute the almonds separately.