Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Here's another great recipe from Rachael Ray. Yummo!
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces bacon, about 1/2 of a package, chopped
- 4 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add EVOO and chopped bacon and cook until crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pan to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add sliced shallots to the pan and cook in the bacon drippings until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and chicken stock to the pan.
- Cook until desired tenderness, about 5 minutes.
- Toss with cooked bacon and salt and pepper.
Dh made this as his side dish to take to the IL's Thanksgiving lunch. Everyone loved it! It was something different, which is always nice. It honestly didn't take as long as I thought it would to throw together. We'll definitely make it again. The only problem was that we had to use frozen green beans instead of fresh, so they came out a little soggier than usual. Great taste, though!