Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Weight Watchers recipe that I printed off. It sounds nice like a healthy side dish. The recipe calls for fresh green beans but I don't see why it wouldn't work with a good quality of frozen.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 4 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Rinse the green beans and steam over boiling water until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- These can also be placed in a microwave safe dish and microwaved 4 to 5 minutes or again until crisp tender.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a nonstick skillet; add shallots.
- Cook stirring often until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes (if needed add a touch of water to prevent burning).
- Add the green beans and toss until hot; season with salt and pepper sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.
Yummy and easy! A nice way to dress up plain old green beans. We had this with our Xmas Eve dinner (prime rib and twice baked potatoes) Thanks!
I used yellow beans. I liked the taste of the shallots with the beans and lemon zest. It was different. Thanks PaulaG :)
I too liked the addition of the lemon. I try to use fresh vegetables whenever possible, so that is what I used. :)