Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice green bean dish that can be prepared ahead of time. From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Green Beans With Balsamic-Shallot Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml butter, room temperature
- 907.18 g green beans, trimmed
- Combine vinegar and shallots in heavy small saucepan. Boil over medium heat until most vinegar is absorbed (about 1 tablespoon liquid should remain in pan), stirring frequently, about 6 minutes. Transfer mixture to small bowl; cool completely. Add butter; mix with fork until blended.
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold water; drain. Pat dry with paper towels. (Balsamic-shallot butter and beans can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.)
- Combine beans and balsamic-shallot butter in large nonstick skillet. Toss over medium heat until beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Very tasty side dish to dinner. The balsomic vinegar complimented this with great extra flavor.n Thanks vis for another great recipe. Made for Market tag.
I love the balsamic and shallot with the green beans. It adds so much to the green beans. Thanks Lazyme :) Made for I Recommend tag game
I enjoyed these beans....loved the balsamic vinegar in them. I'd like to try them with some mushrooms added...next time.:) Made for your win in Football Tag 2011.