Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
This simple side dish is a classic crowd-pleaser. Toss cooked green beans with sauteed shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and top iwth crumbled bacon. I have not made these yet, but they sounded yummy, including here for safe keeping. Recipe from myrecipes.com
- 1133.98 g green beans, trimmed
- 3 bacon, slices
- 118.29 ml chopped shallot
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove backon from pan; crumble. Add shallots to drippings in pan; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add beans, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; toss to combine. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Remove from heat. Sprinkle baon over bean mixture; toss.
- Enjoy! :).
Very tasty and easy! I liked the brightness that a little bit of lemon juice added. I used 1/2 the bacon and consequently, less bacon grease. Also added a bit of garlic salt. Yum! Made for PAC Spring 2014
Made this as instructed only taking some of the bacon grease out before sauteing the shallots. I have never added lemon juice and we really enjoyed it... brighten the flavor. I did use lemon pepper instead of black. Made for Spring PAC 2012.