Recipe by scottsmasterchef
Found this recipe in an old copy of Taste of Home I had lying around. Nice flavour, and something a touch different to dress up green beans for a special occasion. Bon Appetit!
- 2 medium yellow peppers, divided
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop one yellow pepper, saute in 1 tbsp butter until tender. Set aside.
- Place pin nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a blender. Cover and process until blended. Add cooked pepper and blend. Set butter aside.
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Cut remaining pepper into thin strips, add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until crisp, drain. Place in bowl and toss with butter.