Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Finally something before my time. Apparently this fed a lot of families during the depression. Will feed alot. I make it during the summer with beans from the garden and freeze them. Great way to use up the surplus.
- 1 -2 lb green beans (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1 lb pork, ends
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 onion
- water, to cover
- Break beans in half and put in large kettle.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Bring to full boil.
- Cover half way, turn heat down to simmer, forget it for about 3 hours.
- Scoop out with slotted spoon or serve with broth.
- I use spoon, dh takes the broth.