1/5 Photos of Green Beans and Carrots Sauteed in Butter and Garlic
This is a simple way to prepare your veggies, but it looks really pretty and tastes delicious. The good thing about this technique is you can steam them ahead of time, and then sauté them at the last minute so you have a hot side dish ready with the rest of your meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim green beans and cut carrot into sticks that are similar in size to the green beans.
- 2Put the carrots in a microwave safe dish and pour about 1/2 a cup of boiling water over them. Loosely cover dish (so a bit of steam can escape). I use a microwave steamer.
- 3Microwave on high about 3 minutes, until carrots are starting to soften but not yet done.
- 4Add beans to carrots in dish or steamer. Microwave for another 2 - 3 minutes. Veggies should be crisp tender, or just slightly less than your desired doneness.
- 5Drain veggies and set aside. When you are almost ready to serve, heat up some butter in a sauté pan or wok until foamy.
- 6Throw in garlic and veggies and stir for just a minute or two, until garlic is fragrant and veggies are coated in butter and garlic.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans and Carrots Sauteed in Butter and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 54.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g