Asian Pickled Green Beans and Carrot Sticks
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
4 24 ounce jars
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mixed fresh picked carrots and beans
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemongrass, slices
- 1 -2 tablespoon ginger, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 allspice
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 small bunch cilantro, rough chopped
- Trim beans to fit jar and slice carrots to match the beans.
- Cook carrots and beans in hot water for 3 minutes then drain.
- Pack them into hot sterilized jars.
- In a pot heat remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over carrots and beans being sure to distribute the goodness in the vinegar mixture among the jars equally.
- Wipe rims adjust rings and process for 15 minute in hot water covering jars by 1-2 inches.
- Check sealing after 12 hours. remove rings and wipe jars,Label and store a week before enjoying.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!