This recipe is delicious and very tasty. This dish is best served hot with plain rice. Green beans has plenty of nutrients, a good source of Vitamin A, also an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans or 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen green beans
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lamb stew meat (or beef stew)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (crushed or minced fine)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large ripe chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- Wash green beans and trim off stems. Cut in half and rinse in cold water.
- Saute lamb meat stew, onions, garlic, salt and spices in olive oil or vegetable oil(stirring occasionally) until meat is brown.
- Add 2 cups of water, green beans, chopped tomatoes or 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes. and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. cover and simmer on low heat for around 45 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- This meal is best when served hot with plain rice.