Recipe by Evie*
I never liked broad beans until I took off the shells, yummm, this salad is a little different but very tasty.
- 6 ounces shelled broad beans
- 4 ounces French beans, chopped
- 4 ounces mange-touts peas, washed
- 8 small fresh mint leaves
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Plunge the broad beans into a saucepan of boiling water, bring back to boil.
- Remove from the heat and immediately plunge into cold water.
- Drain, repeat with the French beans.
- Mix together the broad beans and French beans, the raw mange touts, fresh mint leaves and chopped spring onions.
- Dressing:Blend the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, chopped mint, garlic and seasoning thoroughly, then pour over the salad and toss well.
- Chill until ready to serve.