This is another of my mother in law's Christmas specialties that she's passed along to me. Very easy, very pretty, and can be made ahead of time. Make sure your beans and red pepper are very fresh and blemish free for the best presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil and add beans.
- 2Cook uncovered 4-5 minutes until crisp tender.
- 3Drain, plunge in cold water, and drain again.
- 4Divide into 8 bundles.
- 5Slice red peppers into 1/4 inch slices.
- 6Wrap each bundle of beans with a red pepper slice. Secure with a toothpick if necessary, but be sure to remove them or warn your guests so they don't bite into one! (Don't ask -- ).
- 7Arrange on a baking sheet. This can be refrigerated overnight, if you're making them ahead.
- 8Cook cashews in butter, stirring until toasted and butter is lightly brown.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Add rind, juice, onions, and parsley. This may also be refrigerated overnight, covered.
- 11Remove beans and butter mixture 30 minutes before serving. Warm butter if necessary.
- 12Spoon butter mixture over beans.
- 13Cover and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- 14Spoon drippings over beans and serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Bundles With Lemon Cashew Butter
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 146.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g