Recipe by Oolala
Also with Blue Cheese from the American Heart Association's Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, 2004. Refreshing break from the usual lettuce or slaw salads. 1 Serving equals 1 Weight Watcher point! This serves 4.
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2-1 ounce red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 8" skillet over medium-high heat and dry roast pecans for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant and beginning to lightly brown, stirring frequently. This process brings out a lot of flavor.
- Set a steamer basket in a small amount of simmering water in a medium saucepan.
- Put the beans in the basket and cook, covered for 4 minutes, or until just tender crisp.
- Transfer the beans to a colander; rinse with cold water to stop the cooking, and let the beans cool to room temperature.
- Drain well and dry on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, toss the green beans with the onion, vinegar, sugar, and salt to blend thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with the pecans and blue cheese.