Recipe by blucoat
From Bon Appétit (Feb 2001). This surprisingly easy and delicious salad will impress any dinner guest! You can also use cider instead of the juice.
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut in half on deep diagonal
- 4 cups packed baby greens (about half of 4.5-ounce package)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large radishes, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped bread and butter pickles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil apple concentrate in small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar, oil, mustard, and mustard seeds. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.).
- Cook beans in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain well. Transfer beans to large bowl; cool slightly. Add greens, onion, radishes, and pickles. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat.