Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups cut green beans
- boiling salt water, to cover beans
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 -6 slices bacon, fried crisp crumble
- Cook green beans in boiling salt water until tender; drain and set aside.
- Saute almonds and onions in butter in a large skillet until onions are tender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder and vinegar.
- Mix in beans and bacon.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve warm.
This worked out well for us. Made for a nice simple light dinner. I also think that the addition of bacon does wonders for this. It serves as a nice compliment. Great recipe !! Made for Spring 2011 Pick a chef..
Kudos to the creator. The bacon makes this recipe work. There were no leftovers. Next time I'm going to replace the vinegar with white wine to see how it comes out.
Excellent and easy recipe. Perfectly balanced with the vinegar and bacon flavors.