Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light and delicious wrap by Vegetarian Times
Make and share this Greek Wraps With White Bean Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stem and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 firm vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 seedless cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- handful pitted kalamata olive
- handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 lb mixed greens
- 1 lemon, juice of
- coarse salt
- 4 large pita breads, flour tortilla wraps or 4 large flavored wraps
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine beans, rosemary, garlic, olive oil and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, parsley, greens and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Combine well.
- Warm pitas or wraps in oven or on a griddle pan. Spread pitas with a generous dose of white bean hummus. Top with a layer of Greek salad mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and roll. Wrap lower half of wraps with foil or waxed paper to keep them together while you eat your way down.
This is really great! I served it in homemade whole wheat pitas. Next time if I'm feeling lazy, I'll use purchased hummus.
Oh man. I've been making this (from VT) for a while now, and it is DELICIOUS!!! The recipe is so simple but everything comes together so well it tastes different than you'd expect. Everyone I make this for (including my vegetable-hating dad) absolutely loves it.