Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this recipe in the Epicurious site posted for the 2005 Zaar World Tour/Greece.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
I've made this twice and forgot to review it the first time. On both occasions, I omitted the oil in the initial simmer but did a nice drizzle at the end. The first was plain limas, the second was a combination of lima beans and green beans. This dish reminds you that a good dish can come together with just a few easy ingredients and that parsley is more than a garnish - it really imparts a wonderful flavor that sets these veggies up. All this is said from someone who is not a huge fan of limas. If I enjoyed this, lima lovers are going to love this one.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lima beans, water, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon parsley, garlic, and salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, tightly covered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, 17 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Serve sprinkled with remaining tablespoon parsley and drizzled with remaining tablespoon oil.
- Makes 4 servings.