Rich, creamy and savory, this healthy recipe is an easy to make meal with little prep work required. This goes very well with bread, especially Pita bread. My husband has described this as a degenerate Moussaka.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the yoghurt, cucumber, 1/2tsp mint, 1/2tsp basil and 1/4tsp garlic powder. Mix well, and refrigerate. The longer you let this sit, the more well developed the flavors will be. Half an hour is alright, 1 - 2 hours is better. If you can, overnight is even better still.
- 2Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- 3Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent.
- 4Add the beef, mint, basil, salt and pepper, and brown the meat.
- 5Once the meat is completely browned, add the feta cheese and pine nuts. Stir until the cheese has melted enough to coat the beef, leaving a few large chunks of cheese.
- 6Taste; add more of the spices if needed.
- 7Remove yoghurt sauce from the fridge and salt to taste. Serve on the side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Style Beef With Yoghurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.0
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 637.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 32.6 g