- 3 large zucchini, about 7-8 inches (20 cm)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, hard, dry
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees F (230 degrees Celsius).
- Wash zucchini and cut in 1/4 of an inch (about 1/2 cm) slices.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and add the olive oil. Mix well so that all the slices are covered with the olive oil.
- In another bowl mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, mint, parsley, dill, salt and pepper.
- Cover a large pan with aluminum foil and brush with a bit of olive oil (I dab a napkin with some olive oil and spread it on the pan).
- Dip each zucchini slice in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing so that the bread crumbs stick and place on the pan in 1 layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve right away accompanied by some Greek yogurt or tzatziki to get the “Greek Taverna” effect.