Caroline Cooks's Note:
A quick-to-fix week night delight. From Good Housekeeping with my changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles or 1 (16 ounce) package curly noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Mediterranean oregano
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and de-veined, with tail
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled, plus additional for sprinkling on top
- 1Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat.
- 2Add pasta and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes longer than label directs.
- 3Meanwhile, in heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- 4Add onion and cook 5-7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 5Stir in spaghetti sauce, crushed red pepper, and oregano; heat to boiling over high heat, Reduce heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes to heat thoroughly.
- 6Stir in shrimp, and cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 7Remove skillet from heat; stir in chopped parsley; add 1/2 cup crumbled feta.
- 8Drain pasta; return to saucepot.
- 9Add shrimp mixture to pasta in saucepot and toss to coat.
- 10Spoon pasta mixture into large serving bowl; sprinkle with additional feta if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Shrimp Lasagna Toss
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.1 mg
- Sodium 849.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 42.5 g