Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A classic recipe.
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (ripe)
- 1 red onion, chopped (small)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (Kalamata)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (an excellent vegan soy feta by Sunergia is now available in natural food stores)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or red wine)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- Toss salad in a bowl. Arrange artfully.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake.
- Pour on dressing just before serving. Garnish with black pepper.
- Adapted from: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p. 24.
A traditional Greek salad that is easy to put together and a nice side for any meal. Recipe reviewed for Pick a Chef event April 2013