Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great summer salad. Serve room temperature or chilled. Perfect for a picnic or backyard barbeque. This salad tastes better the longer it chills.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 4 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted & halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 ounces feta
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Cook orzo until tender, 8-10 minutes. Chill 20 minutes.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to chilled orzo.
- In a separate container, mix together dressing.
- Pour over salad and let chill 30 minutes.
This was an excellent salad on a hot Las Vegas summer (112 degrees!). I was being lazy and used bottled balsamic vinaigrette, also added shredded cooked chicken to make it a whole meal. Can’t wait for the leftovers tonight!
My hubby doesn't care for mayo based pasta salads, but he enjoyed this one. Would make again. Like another reviewer I added some oregano; fresh basil would have been a good touch too I think.
A very good salad that went very well with grilled salmon. I left off the anchovy paste and used lemon juice in place of the white wine vinegar. Also, I added a touch of oregano and decreased the amount of olive oil slightly. Great salad for a lazy summer day.