Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great on boiled spaghetti or Rice Pilaf.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb lamb
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Fry onion and garlic gently in oil or butter until onion is transparent.
- Increase heat and add ground meat.
- Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until juices evaporate and meat begins to brown.
- Lower heat, and add remaining ingredients, seasoning to taste.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves before serving.
This was good but we didn't really care for the cloves. Will most likely make this again without the cloves as we really do enjoy lamb. Thanks for posting.
This is one GREAT Greek Chef here! What more can I say, AWESOME, AUTHENTIC (key word: AUTHENTIC!) Greek Cook here! Once again Greekgal, thanks for a winner! This was served over Al dente Misko spaghetti and the whole family loved/ate it. Thanks Chef Greekgal!