Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light June 2008. I like to add toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and crushed red pepper.
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground lamb
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add first 4 ingreds to pan; cook 5 min, stirring to crumble lamb. Stir in rice and cinnamon; saute 2 minute Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 min or til liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in chopped tomato, 3 T parsley, mint, lemon juice and salt. Cover and let stand 5 minute Sprinkle with remaining parsley.