Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of greek gyro meat. It is not stricly traditional in ingrediants or cooking technique as I don't have a rotiserrie
- Add all the spices to a mixing bowl and stir well. Adjust the salt to your diet and taste. I use 1/2 tsp salt and 1 egg myself.
- in a food processor put 1/2 of each meat and 1/2 of the bread crumbs, 1tbsp of the oil and 1/2 the spices. pulse until well mixed and the meat forms a tight ball. Remove to a large bowl.
- Repeast step two with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the two batches toghther and spread out very thin on large oiled cookie sheets or food service cooking trays.
- Broil the meat until toasty, flip and repeat. usually 2-3 minutes on a side tops. watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- remove and cut in strips.
- If desired you can add an additional sear using a skillet and some oil on the stove.