Recipe by Computer Chef
This is my version of greek gyro meat. It is not stricly traditional in ingrediants or cooking technique as I don't have a rotiserrie
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons mint
- 4 teaspoons Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the spices to a mixing bowl and stir well. Adjust the salt to your diet and taste. I use 1/2 tsp salt and 1 egg myself.
- in a food processor put 1/2 of each meat and 1/2 of the bread crumbs, 1tbsp of the oil and 1/2 the spices. pulse until well mixed and the meat forms a tight ball. Remove to a large bowl.
- Repeast step two with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the two batches toghther and spread out very thin on large oiled cookie sheets or food service cooking trays.
- Broil the meat until toasty, flip and repeat. usually 2-3 minutes on a side tops. watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- remove and cut in strips.
- If desired you can add an additional sear using a skillet and some oil on the stove.