Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from one of my Rachael Ray cookbooks. I tried it a couple of summers ago and it's one of our favorites. The whole family loves this. Very flavorful!
- 1 1⁄3-1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders, 2 packages from meat case
- salt and pepper
- 8 pita breads
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, ripe
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, 4 stems, stripped of leaves and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 seedless cucumber or 1⁄3 English cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls, chopped
- Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Place chicken in shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Wrap pita breads in foil.
- Place in warm oven and heat until dinner is served.
- Combine lemon zest, juice and vinegar in a bowl and whisk in oil.
- Add oregano, garlic and whisk again to combine into dressing.
- Pour half the dressing over chicken tenders.
- Turn tenders in dressing to coat.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour remaining dressing over salad and toss well.
- The salad should be very lightly dressed.
- Season salad with salt and pepper and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Grill tenders 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer hot tenders to the salad lined serving platter.
- Remove pitas from oven and unwrap.
- Cut pitas in half and arrange around the edge of platter.
- To serve, each person can pile grilled chicken and veggies into pita halves, wrap up on either side and enjoy!
So good! I used dried oregano and Greek Pita Bread and we really enjoyed this fresh meal! Thank you for sharing! Made this for Fall PAC '08.
I made this for my BF and besides being easy and delicious, it looks really pretty all piled up on the platter.