Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt, nonfat plain
- 4 ounces cucumbers, coarsely grated (unpeeled)
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed to a paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb lean ground beef (93 percent or 95 percent lean)
- 4 ounces zucchini, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled reduced-fat
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 sourdough rolls, split
- romaine lettuce, Shredded (optional)
- cucumber, Sliced (optional)
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, cucumbers, garlic and juice; set aside. In another bowl, mix beef, zucchini, feta, onion, marjoram, salt and pepper. Form beef mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Coat a grill pan or grill rack with cooking spray. Grill patties over medium-high heat, flipping once, about 5 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 160°F Divide roasted peppers evenly among bottom roll halves; top with 1 burger, 1/4 yogurt sauce and lettuce and cucumber, if desired. Top each with other half of roll.
Delicious burger, much enjoyed by the entire family. I upped the quantities by a bit to get 5 burgers, and grated the zucchini instead of leaving it in bits. The beef being so lean, the zucchini adds much-need moisture.
I really enjoyed this!!! The feta and zucchini made for a very moist burger. Made for ZWT 9.