Recipe by Linda Sue
This recipe came from my mother. It is easy to make and looks/tastes incredible. You can use any kind of salad greens that you like, and you can substitute blue cheese for the feta if you prefer. I thought I would never have a recipe to share, since I get most of my new recipes from Zaar!
- 5 ounces salad greens, Spring Mix is good
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup coursely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (for the nuts)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed parsley sprig
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (for the dressing)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the sugared nuts. In a skillet, cook and stir the pecans in the butter until toasted - about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/4 cup of sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the dressing. Pour the red wine vinegar, vegetable oil, parsley, garlic powder, 1 T of sugar, oregano, salt and pepper into a blender. Blend well until the ingredients are combined and the parsely is well processed.
- Toss the greens, sugared nuts, cranberries, onions, and cheese with the dressing. The dressing is pretty powerful, so use sparingly and adjust to taste. I found the proportions as listed to be just about right for our taste, but you may prefer less dressing.
- Serve immediately.