Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on group recipes. Posted for ZWT6! Cook time and prep time are best guesses. Also, prep time does not include time to boil the potatoes.
- 1 lb plum tomato, seeded, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, diced
- 12 kalamata olives or 12 other similar olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ouzo (optional) or 2 tablespoons another anise-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves, with the skin
- 3 tablespoons olivada (an olive spread, if you can't find it use pureed pitted kalamata olives)
- additional olive oil
- additional lemon juice
- 2 extra large russet potatoes, boiled, cooled, peeled
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead; let stand at room temperature 1 hour before using.)
- Loosen skin of each chicken breast along 1 side. Spread 1/4 of the olivada evenly under skin and skewer the skin closed. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Cut four 1/2 inch thick lengthwise slices from center of potatoes. (Rest of potatoes can be used for another dish.) Brush potato slices with olive oil; season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken skin side up, 5 minutes. Turn and grill until skin is crisp and brown and chicken is cooked thru - about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Grill potato slices alongside chicken until brown and crisp, turning once, about 8 minutes.
- Arrange potato slices on platter. Place 1 chicken breast on each. Spoon tomato relish alongside and serve.