Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
Found on group recipes. Posted for ZWT6! Cook time and prep time are best guesses. Also, prep time does not include time to boil the potatoes.
- 1 lb plum tomato, seeded, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, diced
- 12 kalamata olives or 12 other similar olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ouzo (optional) or 2 tablespoons another anise-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves, with the skin
- 3 tablespoons olivada (an olive spread, if you can't find it use pureed pitted kalamata olives)
- additional olive oil
- additional lemon juice
- 2 extra large russet potatoes, boiled, cooled, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead; let stand at room temperature 1 hour before using.)
- Loosen skin of each chicken breast along 1 side. Spread 1/4 of the olivada evenly under skin and skewer the skin closed. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Cut four 1/2 inch thick lengthwise slices from center of potatoes. (Rest of potatoes can be used for another dish.) Brush potato slices with olive oil; season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Prepare grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken skin side up, 5 minutes. Turn and grill until skin is crisp and brown and chicken is cooked thru - about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Grill potato slices alongside chicken until brown and crisp, turning once, about 8 minutes.
- Arrange potato slices on platter. Place 1 chicken breast on each. Spoon tomato relish alongside and serve.