Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This Greek style chicken recipe is full of flavor and wonderful for a very quick weeknight dinner. It was adapted from one published in Everyday Food magazine. Can serve this with orzo or pita bread for a complete meal.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, sliced in thin strips (chiffonade)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets (sliced or pounded thin)
- Combine tomatoes, olives, feta, mint, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a grill pan, grill, or broiler. Coat pan or grill grates with remaining olive oil, and grill or broil 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a warm plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To serve, top each chicken cutlet with tomato mixture.
Delicious and easy! The mint makes it special, so very refreshing, I'll make this again for sure. We enjoyed it very much.<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Greece for The Apron String Travelers
I made this recipe two ways, one the way it was listed and it was great, tasty and healthy. For the vegan challenge for ZWT9, I substituted the feta cheese with Recipe #118182, 118182. I also substituted the chicken with Recipe #504546, 594546. It was great this way and now it is vegan friendly and still good and healthy.
I found this recipe in a Cuisine Tonight recipe (or so close that I was glad to find this already here and posted) and it's wonderful. The only slight differances where it didn't have the mint (must say I like the idea of that) used a 1/4 cup of dry white wine and 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon. The rest was pretty much the same. Wonderful fresh flavors that I'll be making often and looked so pretty too - can't go wrong. I served with yogurt mashed potatoes and the rest of that dry white wine.