Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request, courtesy the Catfish Institute!
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a shallow baking pan with olive oil and place the catfish fillets in the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the spinach, feta cheese, oregano, butter, green onions, and remaining salt and pepper until well incorporated.
- Top each catfish fillet evenly with an equal amount of the spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately.
I took your advice and added MUCH more garlic. I used oregano fresh from the garden. Due to the time of year it was very strong but did not hurt the dish at all. Great new way to fix one of my favorite fishes.
Well, I just made this last night- and it was quite good! I added 3 cloves of garlic to the spinach-feta mixture, used fresh oregano, a pinch of fresh basil, and added a chopped tomato (for color). This smelled heavenly while baking, and was fairly quick and quite easy to make. I served this with Black Sesame Asparagus and found it to be quite complementary. Thank you, Catfish Institute!
I just made this for dinner, and all, even our 5 and 6 year olds, loved it! We did not have Feta, so I substituted capers instead (omitted the salt). roiled it for the last few minutes. Will be making this again and agaIN!