Recipe by Kree
This pie is so rich and decadent it almost tastes more like a key lime cheesecake! I made it for a Caribbean-themed party without telling what was in it and everyone raved about it! I'm not even a vegan and I plan on making this one frequently. I got the recipe from VegWeb.
Top Review by tednjoc
The flavor of this is terrific, even though I didn't have the grated lime peel. It didn't firm up as much as I expected, but not one cared because it was so delicious. I wonder how it would be to freeze it. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) packagemori-nu firm silken tofu (I use lite)
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime rind
- 2 (4 ounce) packagesmori-nu mates vanilla pudding mix (must be this brand, it's made to go with the tofu)
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener, to taste (I use honey but that's not vegan!)
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells (I prefer graham) or 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust (I prefer graham)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain any excess water from the tofu.
- Blend tofu and lime juice in a processor or blender until creamy and smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except crust!), and blend again until smooth.
- At this point, I had to transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer, since it was too thick and stiff for my blender.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- This sets up very firm.
- It also makes a great pudding or little tartlet filling for fancy desserts!
- Note for those who try with other pudding mixes. Make sure your mix is Vegan. Commercial mixes can contain meat by products making them not Vegan or Vegetarian.