Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Every year, Mom cans green beans from our garden. I love them, but I get tired of the plain old "heat 'em up with bacon grease" beans. So...this recipe came out of the desire to eat green beans a different way. It's easy enough for a weeknight, nice enough for company. Since not everyone has access to canned green beans, I made them with canned green beans to get the measurements exact for posting.
- Place bacon into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Let cook for a few minutes to soften the mushrooms.
- Stir in the green beans and soy sauce, and heat through.
Loved these beans!!! Really liked the mushrooms and soy sauce, really nice combination. Didn't quite have enough bacon but think it was just enough. Really good flavor, thanks for posting!!
These were very good. I used fresh green beans so I added them before the mushrooms and garlic. I did pour off a little of the bacon grease as there was quite a bit. DH thought toasted, slice almonds sprinkled on top would be good too. I will make these again. We enjoyed them. Nick's Mom
I used far less bacon to prepare the recipe and still found it very tasty. I also used frozen green beans and left them a tiny bit crisp. Thank you for sharing your recipe!