Recipe by Chef ~Eileen~
This is my mother's gravy that I'll always treasure. I hope you give it a try!
- 1 chicken livers or 1 turkey liver
- 1 chicken gizzards or 1 turkey gizzard
- 1 chicken necks or 1 turkey neck
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 -2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil liver, gizzards and neck in a large pot of water and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and chop and set aside.
- Melt shortening in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring until light brown.
- Add Chicken broth and stir or whisk until thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add giblets and boiled eggs and stir to combine.