Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the BEST Christmas pie ever! I made it all the time for my roommates and friends in college, and we NEVER had leftovers. It is SO rich, but so delicious! My mom made it at home all the time and we ALWAYS fought for the last piece. Don't forget to serve w/ a cold glass of milk! ...Cook time includes baking the pie crust, and all refreezing times.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl; press into pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Allow crust to cool; then spread layer of hot fudge (room temperature) over crust.
- Refreeze, about 15-20 minutes (until fudge is not soft).
- Spread softened ice cream onto crust; mound if necessary.
- Refreeze until hardened.
- If desired, top w/ more hot fudge (kind of tricky!) and more cookie crumbs.
- Serve w/ warmed hot fudge and whipped cream.
Quite yummy! My only complaint is that the crust is almost impossible to get out of the pie plate. Maybe only use an aluminum pie plate? Thanks for posting!