Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister-in-law found this recipe in a local Junior League cookbook and I love it and make it at least weekly now.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups spring greens, bag salad
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in blender, except olive oil. Blend while streaming in olive oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy.
Wow - this was really good, especially in 105 degree weather, when I had no desire to cook a hot meal. The dressing has a real kick with the balsamic vinegar, and the flavors of fresh oregano, gorgonzola, and walnuts really complement each other. I'll definitely keep this recipe as a salad favorite.