Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An adapted recipe from www.sunkist.com. I added the strawberries. If you want a less spicy version, use a milder chile or bell pepper. In place of green onions, use seasonal onions such as Vidalia, Walla Walla, Maui, etc. when available.
- 2 cups honeydews or 2 cups cantaloupe, diced
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1 cup grapefruit section, diced (either pink or yellow grapefruit or combination)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, cleaned, hulled and diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced (NOT dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in non-reactive, medium size bowl.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with chips, crackers, pita squares. Really good served alongside fish or as a topping on tacos, etc.